By Stef Admin On May 1st, 2023 in News & Events
We clearly remember that when we started sailinturkey.com, (2007) our own Yacht Charter Company based in Marmaris, Turkey.
We did not want to emulate our previous employers the larger yacht charter companies. We felt they had lost their way with what customers wanted and expected from their chosen yacht and valuable holiday time.
Our philosophy then (and still is now) is to ensure our clients enjoy a holiday experience second to none. With Turkish law restricting operations in Turkey we have decided to set up Yachting Thailand, based in Boat Lagoon on the stunning island of Phuket.
As before we are able to offer a personable service that no-one else does. The yachts are all privately owned and cared for personally by us. We also focus on the softer things:
- Arrivals – we wanted you to be met – REGARDLESS of time (day or night) by a person who can really look after you:
- We wanted to ensure that your beds are all made (ever tried to make a bed at 02.00 in the morning after traveling for 8 hrs)
- We wanted to get you on your yacht as early as possible AND we really did not want to “kick you off” earlier than we absolutely have to.
- We wanted to personalise your briefings – to you at the time YOU wanted.
- We wanted to offer any day starts and duration, we did not want to be offering only the possibility of Saturday – Saturday as so many of our competitors still do.
Finally we wanted the whole thing to be “easy” you are on holiday after all.
On reflection we can truthfully say we believe that we have lived up to that philosophy and it has worked. Our fleet of well maintained yachts we ensure that you have a wonderful holiday in Thailand.
Mark Foster & I formed Sail in Turkey in 2007 when we both realised that we could offer the ultimate sailing experience in the Countries that we love, Turkey & Thailand (2020).
We are dedicated to delivering a friendly & personal service to our sailing holiday customers.